So you have made the decision to be photographed professionally. You want to make the most of your session. How can you get the most value for your money? It is important to be photographed looking your best, being the best most polished version of yourself. In doing so you should have a plan. There are 5 things that you can do to look your best during your session.
1. Stylize. Take the time to carefully pick out your clothing. There are things that you need to consider when picking out what you will be wearing during your session. What is the purpose for these images? Are you planning to use these images to represent you professionally? Are you creating precious family memories that will hang on your walls as wall are for years to come? If you are using these images professionally you will want to wear something that represents you as a professional. If you are creating images for your home you will want to consider what the color scheme is in your home and you will want to wear something that will compliment those colors. Also you should wear something in which you will feel comfortable and confident. It is also important to try on your clothes prior to wearing them for the session to insure the best fit. I find that it is best to pick two or three outfits. Pick something that represents the polished you, this is the you that is dressed to the nines. Then you can pick something that represents the casual everyday you. If this is a session for a child you may want to incorporate a t shirt with there favorite thing at this period of time as well as picking something that is timeless for a more formal portrait. If you need any suggestions please feel free to reach out and we can help you style your session either using what is already in your closet or purchasing new items.
2. Hair. It is important to take care of those locks prior to your session. Ladies, you will look your best by having your hair session professionally styled by a hair dresser. If you are going to get a blow out or style with curls make sure to use product to hold your hair into place or keep to from getting flat in the South Florida humidity. Men, you should invest in a hair cut and professional shave. When you see how great you look in your portraits you will be so glad that you invested a little more for great hair.
3. Nails. You may think that no one will notice your hands in your images, but what if you are asked to pose with your hands close to your face? You want to make sure that you're nails are trim, and clean, or freshly polished so that you look really put together. It really makes a difference in your portraits. Whether you are a male and you are just cleaning your nails or your a female and you decide to get a full set of acrylics, it really gives you a nice finish.
4. Make-up. Having make-up professionally applied really gives your images the extra oomph that they need to go from good to amazing. You can choose to wear your make-up a little more dramatic if you like or you can go with a more natural application. A few days prior to make-up application it might also be a good idea to get your brows shaped (waxed, plucked, or threaded), shaped brows help to give your eye make-up application an extra wow factor, so that you look stunning for your session.
5. Eating right. In the days leading up to your session drinking a lot of water will help you to look your best. Hydrating helps you to have a rested, refreshed look for your session. You will also want to stay away from salty foods that may cause you to retain water and look bloated.
Doing these five things prior to your session can really make the difference in your portrait session. Planning is the key to having stunning images to represent you or just to make priceless memories to hang on your walls that your family will cherish for a lifetime.